31 January 2024
Via celebrates gold with Investors in People
We are delighted to announce that we’ve been awarded the We invest in people ‘Gold’ accreditation from Investors in People.
This prestigious global benchmark helps organisations to review their workplace culture specifically around employee engagement, communication, organisational culture, and work practices.
At our last accreditation, we achieved a ‘Silver’ award, so gaining a ‘Gold’ standard this time is not only a significant milestone but also a real testament to the important work we’ve started and that we continue to build on.
Hearing from our people is invaluable and 70% of our colleagues took the time to share what they think about Via and how we’re doing as an organisation.
Some of the comments from our people included:
“My manager always recognises our work, and we get praise for what we’ve done.”
“I feel appreciated because I’ve got that sense of autonomy, and I can make the decisions I need to make.”
“I feel appreciated because if I come up with an idea my manager will support it happening.”
After receiving all the feedback (through a survey, focus groups and attending meetings), Investors in People reported that Via was “a great place to work” and that our people are “amazing”.
We were also told that there were lots of things that we should be proud of, such as:
- Our rebranding exercise has instilled a renewed sense of pride and energy in the organisation.
- The creation and early implementation of our new values which are clear and concise.
- The approachable, transparent and non-hierarchical culture that we’re shaping.
- Our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
- Our highly consultative approach to decision making, especially through the use of Connection Champions from teams across Via.
- The trust and credibility that our leaders have based on their follow through on commitments.
- The improvements to communication through conference events, newsfeed bulletins, team meetings and more.
Anna Whitton, CEO said: “Our teams have worked really hard to make changes that genuinely make a difference to their colleagues. It’s really good to see their hard work recognised through the outcome of this review and to know, through a thorough external process, that what we’re doing is achieving what we intended.”
Marina Deeny, Director of People said: “It’s great to hear that our people feel valued and appreciated and to have our efforts in diversity, equity and inclusion recognised by Investors in People.”