29 June 2022
WDP launches newly refurbished site at New Beginnings in Brent
We are delighted to announce the launch of our newly refurbished Cobbold Road hub at our New Beginnings service in Brent. The refurbished site was unveiled to service users, local partners and stakeholders at today’s launch event where attendees also heard from MP for Brent Central, Dawn Butler.
The improvements made to the New Beginnings Cobbold Road hub have created an even more welcoming and positive environment for staff, volunteers and most importantly for service users on their recovery journey.
Some of the key improvements made to the hub are:
- Brand-new reception area to give service users a warm welcome when they enter the building
- Larger group room including a kitchen area for service users
- Soundproof pods for staff to conduct online assessments and keywork sessions
- Easily accessible needle exchange room
- Capital Card shop available at all times during opening hours, giving service users the opportunity to access essential items when needed.
Tom Sackville, WDP’s Executive Director of Services said: “We are delighted to launch our new and improved hub at Cobbold Road. The new site provides a welcoming environment that will encourage people to access the excellent treatment offer that is available from New Beginnings, delivered in partnership with our clinical leads CNWL and service user group B3. We appreciate all the support provided by our commissioners at Brent Council for making this possible.”
The Cobbold Road hub launch event also included networking and a ‘marketplace’ where stands were setup throughout the building including WDP’s IPS Into Work employment service, B3 Brent Service User Council and ELEV8 Young Person’s Service.
New Beginnings is delivered by WDP and CNWL and is funded by Brent Public Health. To find out more about our service, visit https://www.wdp.org.uk/brent